Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday Tidbits

 
 
Hattie is on the go these days. Her crawling is getting faster and faster. She now pulls herself up to standing on almost anything. I caught her hunched over her carseat yesterday. It was on the floor and she had crawled over to it and pulled herself up to standing. Only problem was it was a little short and she was sort of hunched over and couldn't figure out how to get herself back down. :)
 
 
Speaking of Hattie changing, she's getting heavier and heavier. It must be from all the cream cheese and avocodos she consumes. Add in rice and you have her three favorite foods in all the land. Actually, you have about the only 3 foods she will even consume. The Trifecta. It makes me want to pull my hair out every meal time as I offer her lots of healthy and nutricious options, but in the end she will scream until she gets her favorites. Such an opinion these days. But I digress...she's getting heavier which is pushing me to change out her baby carseat for a big-girl one. My back can't take carrying her around anymore in the infant one...but my heart doesn't want to admit that she is not that wee little baby anymore.
 
 
Although the Sochi Olympics are over, the race for gold on HublerPlanet is still alive and well. I'm not sure how much more ice dancing I can take. It is Cora's absolute favorite pasttime these days and once she starts, all her siblings jump on the bandwagon. I find myself having to be the commentator for multiple routines. "Wow, folks, an amazing routine by this young skating duo...here come the twizzles. They landed them perfectly. And now a triple sowcow. Oh...they have really put the work in and they are just so fluid looking... and on...and on...and on...and on...." You get the idea, I won't bore you to tears any further. I can only imagine what it will be like when the summer olympics arrive.
 
 
I spent a good portion of Saturday cleaning up the basement. Doodle had taken up residence on the down comforter on the couch down there in his last months. I think it offered him much needed peace and quiet. No children poking at him or waking him up. Needless to say, it was pretty hard to pack things up, do the cat chore one last time, and get his food dishes put away. Tomorrow will mark one week and I'm not looking forward to it one bit.
 
 
I picked up the permits from the city yesterday...so this weekend begins the Family Room Project. Here's hoping we won't lose too much steam and will get this thing done within the allotted year. It would be so nice to have the extra space downstairs all finished. I'm finding that 5 kids can
a) make a lot of noise
b) make a lot of mess and
c) make a lot of noise and mess.
 Looking for an area to be able to send them when they need to be a little more wild.
 
 
I currently have about 8-10 quarts of bone broth slowly simmering on the stove. It smells divine in my house right now.
 
Our furnace is moaning and groaning today...with an occasional whining session. I'm not sure what's going on, but praying that it's a simple fix. And that it doesn't die on us....um...cause that would be bad. I changed the filter, which was needed...but it is still rather noisy. I am so thankful for heat when the thought of going without surfaces. Hoping that's not in the plans for this week.
 
 
 
 


No comments: