Saturday, April 30, 2011

Street Food In Seoul

I just love to capture the street food in Seoul. I think it somewhat captures the essence of Seoul.


Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, anyone?




 You see it on every corner practically...it's everywhere.




I wanted to stop at each one and try something...




Especially these....hoduk. They are pancake type treats filled with sweetness on the inside. They are everywhere and are popular. We saw so many people toting these things around.

A friend of mine picked up some mix at our local korean grocery store and I plan on making them in my own kitchen very soon.

In fact, in the wee hours of the morning, laying in bed next to Jihee, I have thought about them many times.




The next time I go back to Korea, I am determined to have learned more of the language so I can read these signs and know exactly what they are selling.




Although I think I might just leave the squid jerkey alone...

No comments: