Friday, April 1, 2011

I600 Approval!

Holla' Woot! Woot!

Whew...I'm guessing you heard the h.u.g.e. *sigh* of relief! We have been approved and I am on cloud 9. I called the NBC on Tuesday, since the officer had told me we would be approved in the next couple of days when I had called the previous Thursday. (Get all of that?) Well, when I called Tues, she said we weren't approved yet, but would be by day's end.

So, I did what any other mother waiting to get her baby home would do, I called the very next morning to follow up on her pledge that she had indeed appoved us. And much to my amazement...we were!

Our I600 was then  "2 day express" mailed to the NVC (National Visa Center) where they upload all of the information so that the Embassy in Seoul can pull off the info that they need to process Cora's visa.

So if you are following what I am saying, you would know that it has now been 2 days since it was sent so that means all of our info is currently at the NVC! This is getting exciting peeps!

I sent Ella out to the mailbox today, not expecting anything, because as many of you know the USPS is called snail-mail for a reason. Well, low and behold, God sent me a surprise. What was waiting for us...our hard copy of the approval! Getting it in my hands doesn't speed anything up at this point...but it sure does make everything feel R.E.A.L. In fact, it really doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I came running from the mailbox, waiving a letter in the air, and shouting across the cul-de-sac to Ella "It's here...it's here!!" (That was Lily's I600 appoval) It kind of feels surreal to be holding one of these again.

We are getting close...very close. Everything is done state-side now and the only step left it for Cora's visa to be issued. That means the next thing I hear is my phone ringing telling me it's time to come pick up my daughter.

Holla'

No comments: