Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Valentine's Day 2017

Valentine's Day was pretty low key around Hubler Planet this year. And when I say "low key"...I really mean it.

Last year Jason and I really put forth a lot of effort. (No blog post since I was on a hiatus...you'll just have to take my word for it.) We had a scavenger hunt, board games, word finds, crossword puzzles, and all sorts of treats and special food. Then there was Valentine's Day 2015 and that was pretty fun too. So the kids were expecting big things from me this year.

But this year...well, this year was a flop. Jason worked late as he had a big project due at the office, in fact, he didn't get home until we were completely finished with our supper.

What I did manage to do was make a Korean meal...it's called Korean Royal Rice Cakes. Back in the Joseon Dynasty it was a meal prepared only for royalty...so my kids ate like kings and queens. ;)

Jason also picked up marble soda at the Korean Mart earlier in the week. Every one got their own flavor. It's named "marble soda" because there is a glass marble that seals the soda inside the bottle. You pop down the marble and it's ready to go.

I realized that I have 4 of the five kids pictured. In the interest of being transparent and showing off real life, Cora was busy throwing a fit so I didn't take her picture. She informed me that she didn't like the rice cakes, that they were too chewy, and she wanted to know exactly how much she had to eat.

You can't win them all.



No comments: