Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Heart Just Melted...


Tonight at bedtime while I was tucking Ella in, she said to me...

"I'm so glad that God picked you to be my Mommy."

Being a stay-at-home mom is a lot of work. I don't have a 9-5 job, 5 days a week. I don't get end of the year reviews, bonuses, any sort of evaluations, or any pats on the back.

What I get is so much better. I get a sweet and sincere little girl looking me in the eyes and giving me one of life's greatest compliments. This will keep me going when I'm having one of "those days" or when I am just plain tired out. It will remind me about what's really important. It's these type of comments from my little ones that make me sure I've chosen the correct career path...not just for me, but for my family.

When I am 80 years old and looking back on my life, I know that I will be so thankful that I chose to make an impact on my children, that I chose to spend each day with them, that I chose to invest in them.

Thank you, Ella, you make Mommy's heart smile. I love you.

No comments: