Monday, February 5, 2007

First Haircut

Ella's new 'do minus the 3 or so inches that were cut off.


Well, I bit the bullet and cut Ella's hair. It was a toss-up. I didn't know what to do with all that wild and wispy hair and yet I loved those little curls at the ends and how long some of it had gotten. People told me that if I cut it, then it would look thicker and cleaner on the bottom...well, I'll just clear up that old wive's tale for you and tell you that it's good in theory, but didn't really do any miracles for Ella's hair.

Grandma and I took her to Kid's Hair for her first haircut. I wasn't sure how she would do since she is so cautious around new people and new places. She was such a big girl! She sat right up on the little mini barber chairs with her mini-sized cape on. She was so busy watching Elmo on the TV in front of her and all the other kids in the salon that she was a perfect angel.

The stylist asked me "Do you scrunch her hair while brow-drying it after you have sprayed it down with a water bottle each day?" Hmmmm, I thought to myself and kindly said "no, not really. But what I was thinking was...lady...are you kidding me??...half the time I don't even get a shower...and if I'm lucky to have gotten that, you can sure bet that I haven't gotten a chance to put a comb through my own hair. If I've gotten a shower, combed my hair, and then rolled my hair into a ball on the top of my head and secured it with a fashionable cloth binder...I consider my morning a success. I'm not sure what planet you live on, but here on Hubler Planet...we don't get a chance to spray, scrunch, and blow-dry my 2 year old toddler's hair. :)

Well, $15 can not only buy you a 5 minute child's haircut, but also some funny things to think about as you are driving home while 2 children scream in the back seat. What fun!

1 comment:

Gunderson Family said...

What a cute hair cut! She looks adorable!
Anna