Monday, February 5, 2007

Brrrr Doggies, I'm Fweezin'


Ella doesn't use it very often, but when she utters those words, you know the child is really chilly. It is cold here in our neck of the woods. This past weekend was bitter to say the least. We have been under a windchill advisary with chilling temps. (I know for some of my family up north, I shouldn't complain as your temps have been even colder.) Yesterday at 10am it was a
-12 degrees with a -35 windchill. I can tell that the temps haven't gotten much warmer today as the house has had a chill all it's own.

Ben and I were in the kitchen and Ella was as quiet as a mouse. I figured that she was reading her books as she does this quite often. Instead, she was in her room "changin' clothes, Mommy" and this is what she came out wearing! Negative temps and a dresser full of warm, cozy clothes can't keep this girl from picking a summer outfit. She insisted on wearing it...so we compromised...10 minutes of summer and then back to tights and flannel jammies for the rest of the day.

No comments: