Friday, April 20, 2012

The Fresh House

April 20, 2011
Wednesday



After chatting once again with the kiddos that morning, we headed out to Lotte World. Once we had finished looking around there, we decided to head to The Fresh House. It is located in Olympic Park, Jamsil, line 8 to Mongchontoseoung, exit 1. Just in case you wanted to know.


The Fresh House is this awesome restaurant. It is a giant buffet with endless amounts of food. There were lots of familiar things and a few new items for us to try as well. And lots and lots of sushi.


Did I mention they had lots of sushi...and that I really, really love sushi?

It was beautiful. The sushi chefs were so talented and the plates looked like works of art. I tried all sorts of new things as well as some all-time favorites...like eel, smoked salmon, ahi tuna.

Oh, goodness...I think I just drooled on myself.

I am pretty sure I ate enough sushi for four people. Maybe five.

I don't know that I have ever been that full.

I digress...forget about the sushi...there were lots of other fabulous things too.


Like these little guys...

Need a closer look...no worries, I got it covered.


Are you squirming in your chair?

I didn't get any....just Jason did...are you surprised? I could barely handle just looking at all those legs twisted around that skewer.


This crazy, little thing is a lychee...I think.

I wasn't completely convinced this thing wasn't going to jump up and bite me until I got it opened and it revieled some soft fruit.

Once I was completely stuffed and couldn't fit another morsel in, I decided it was time for some dessert.


I'm pretty sure that the people were wondering who these very piggish tourists were. In my defense, I hadn't eaten all day...and the food was really good.

And once I had polished off that plate, I figured I should have just enough room for one last item.

There was a chef making fresh waffles. But not just any waffles, these were waffles from heaven. They were sweet and delicious, filled with fresh whipped cream and a honey glaze. Oh. My. Stars.


I couldn't resist...I had to have another. I was prepared to have to be wheeled out of this place if only I could have one more of those buggers.


Do you see that smile? They were making me giddy. Yeah...they were that good.

Oh dear....two sushi left on my plate...that can't be...better eat them up to.

If you are reading this wondering how on earth I could fit that much food in my stomach...let me assure you that I am wondering the very same thing.

Once we decided we were done, we went to pay. The cashier told me that I get "one lady discount"...sweet. Not sure what that meant and not sure I liked being called a "lady"...but hey, what are ya gonna do? Disounts are discounts. :)




No comments: