Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Call That Sparked a Whirlwind

One year ago today...I received one of the most important phone calls of my life.

One year ago today...I gasped when I read the caller id.

One year ago today...I fell to the ground with gratitude and thankfulness.

One year ago today...I cried tears of joy at the news.

One year ago today...I received the call that my daughter was ready to come home.



A team of wild horses couldn't have kept me away. Jason and I immediately went into overdrive making plans. We spent a good part of the morning searching for plane tickets, hotel reservations, and childcare. We got all our ducks in a row and by lunchtime...we had our itinerary.

The suitecases were pulled from the closet, the lists were being checked off, extra snuggles were given, baby gear was being packed, and the excitement was building. We were ready to become of family of six.

We would be leaving the house in a little over 24 hours to board a plane for Seoul, South Korea.

That precious face I had falled in love with, the daughter I had only read about in reports, the little girl I longed to get to know...soon I would be holding her, meeting her face to face, and telling her how we have longed for her.

One year ago today, a whirlwind swept me off my feet. And it was the start of one of the best chapters of my life.

I love you, Cora Jihee.

No comments: