Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Princess Party




























Ella turned 5 last Friday. I can harldy believe that I am the mother of a 5 year old. How the time flies. I feel like it was just a short time ago that I was pulling that IV cart around. I remember like it was yesterday that first moment that I held my baby daughter. Her eyes opening and closing so slowly...looking up at me. She was so beautiful...and she still is. I can't believe what a lovely little girl she has grown to be. What a blessing she is...she makes me a better person. I couldn't imagine my life without her in it.

On Saturday Ella had her first ever friend birthday party. She was so excited. I wasn't sure she was even going to be able to get to sleep the night before. Ella invited 4 little friends over and they all arrived in their favorite dress-up outfit. They made a necklace as well as their own lipgloss. Then they got their hair fancied up. The girls also played "place the jewel on the crown" ...a princess twist on the game of pin the tail on the donkey. Then they all sat down for "Princess Tea". I even whipped together a quick princess birthday cake per Ella's request.

It was so much fun to see her enjoying herself. At the end, she just dazed off into space...lots of excitement and 2 full hours of stimulation. I knew it had been a good day.

A big, giant thanks to Auntie Jill for helping make the party a success. And for wearing her own princess dress to the party! You're the best.

No comments: