Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Own Hand-Painted Yarn





I have been wanting to dye my own yarn for awhile now. I've been reading up on it and researching it for a couple of months. On Tuesday, I finally decided to take the plunge. I unrolled my ball of natural wool yarn into a hank, mixed my kool-aid in various cups, and started painting it onto the yarn. I wasn't so sure I liked it at the beginning, but as it dried and the colors mellowed out a bit, it started to grow on me. Now with it wound back into a ball, I'm pretty happy with it. The big question is will I like it when it's knitted up?!? I'll post a pic when I get to that project and you can judge for yourself.

2 comments:

Grammie said...

That's my daughter--talented as can be. Half your lifetime ago you would have rolled your eyes at the thought of knitting or anything even remotely resembling something domestic. So nice to see how God has shaped such a talented mom, wife, and beautiful woman--inside and out. Love ya, Mom

Ashley said...

Your yarn is beautiful. I have done a little kool-aid dyeing and it's so fun! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see it knit up!