Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Sister Slumber Party



It was dark so please forgive the photography skills at work.


The girls have been asking begging Ella to let them have a slumber party in her room for a while now. Once she realized that the question wasn't going to go away anytime soon, she conceded.

Jason hauled in both Lily and Cora's mattresses from their beds and arranged them on the floor. Hattie slept up in the bed with Ella (which is one of her favorite places to sleep in all the world).

The girls were giddy and so excited. We said prayers and sang lullabies and then I kissed each head. They wanted me to vamoose out of there so they could have some good girl time before lights out.

About 25 minutes later I heard crying. About 10 minutes after that Ella and Hattie both appeared on the stairs. According to the eye-witnesses, Cora was upset and crying because she wanted Hattie to sleep down on the floor with her. Lily wasn't crying, but was near tears and upset because Hattie wasn't going to be sleeping next to her on the floor.

I know, right? Problems of the younger crowd.

I sighed and hauled myself off the sofa. I took a deep breath and entered the room. Cora was a disaster of tears and just couldn't calm herself down so I sent her to her room to take a breather until she was ready to talk. Hattie then started crying because she wanted Cora to be a part of the sleepover.

Honestly. I just scratched my head.

I was finally able to calm them all down and make them realize that if things didn't start to shape up there would be no sleepover at all. End of discussion.

I left the room and things seemed to turn around. When morning came, each one said the sleepover was a success, that they had so much fun, and that they can't wait to do it again.

I think I'm gonna need some time.




1 comment:

Jill said...

This is so funny! The things that are fun and make memories for the kiddos are usually a huge pain for us parents. :)