Monday, January 16, 2017

Five on Friday (except it's Monday...January 16, 2017)

The highlights of last week were:

1. Jason has worked a ton. It seems as though there's never an end in sight as his to-do list is constantly getting added to. With all the extra hours being put in during the beginning of the week, it allowed for him to work from home on Friday...which also meant a family outing for lunch to meet Nana and Paul.

2. Last week proved to be very challenging in regards to Hattie's tummy. We have been in a valley as of late and this week was no exception. Probably some of the hardest nights we have had in a while. The pain was enough to wake her up out of dead sleep multiple times a night causing her to cry out and crunch up into the fetal position. As a parent, this is hard to see. It's difficult when you know you have no idea how to fix it and yet have all the desire in the world to do so.


3. West started back up for Ella and as much as she is enjoying it there, it's always hard to get back into routine. (insert: nagging from mom)


4. Busy schedule from last week: I volunteered at the Concessions at Pact so I can get my volunteer hours in for the month. My shift was from 4-8:30...that means a lot of requests for hot dogs, power-aids, and popcorn. And a lot of standing for me. I have one more shift yet this month. I signed myself up for a pile of spots so I can make up for the lack of volunteering at the beginning of the school year (since I was busy getting our own school going). Mom and I went to the convention center in Mpls to the Hardware Hank Convention. Julie and Gary showed us around and it was fun to be a part of their world for an afternoon. It came complete with a massage. Afterwards we went out for supper at Dino's. I forget what a nice break it is to eat without having to remind people to stay in their seats or cut food up into bite size pieces. Awana and Kids Choir started back up for the second half of the year.


5. Nana and Paul took us all out to the theater to see Sing on Friday. It was utterly and absolutely adorable. I plan to purchase this one when it comes out on dvd. 

Happy Friday....hmmmm...or Monday!




No comments: