Friday, January 20, 2017

Five on Friday (January 20, 2017)

Highlights from the week:

1. The weather has been awesome this week! I don't venture out much in the winter, but when the temp is 20+ degrees, I take advantage of it. The kids and I spent a lot of time tinkering around on the pond. As I sit here typing, the water is dripping off the roof. In fact, we are supposed to get rain today...in January...in Minnesota...God knew I needed this. :)

2. Jason has been in Austin, TX for work since Tuesday. Sure makes a momma appreciate her husband when he leaves for the better part of a week. Since myself, Ella, and Hattie have all had miserable colds this week, I am anxious for him to return this afternoon to help me out again. Plus we miss him. It's been especially hard on the boy...he loves his Daddy something fierce.

3. Our first chatbook just arrived. I am so excited about this as it's an easy way for me to print out and journal our day-to-day family adventures that don't include a whole bunch of rambling. I love the blog, don't get me wrong, but small snippets from Instagram are a quick, fun way to capture little memories. They are already proving to be a hit with the fam.


4. We are starting to get excited about our Florida trip coming up in March. I know it's still 50+ days away, but the ocean is already whispering my name in the middle of the night. Seriously, it makes me simply giddy when I think about it for any length of time. I have about a million lists going already: menu, items for the ocean, grocery list (since we will be cooking most of our own meals), what to pack overall, who needs sunglasses/sunhat/new swimsuit/water shoes complete with everyone's sizes, a folder with all our travel information, and of course 8 weeks worth of lesson plans so we can learn all about Florida's swimming creatures and where to find them before we even set foot on the plane. Did I mention I'm a planner and that I'm excited?


5. Grammie started up Waffle Wednesday again this week and the three littles couldn't be more excited. They might have even let out a squeal when I told them what Wednesday's plan included. Grammie taught them all about opossums...I think she may have single-handedly worked an entire month's worth of science into one afternoon. (Woot, woot!) They even have a resident opossum that lives in their brush pile and "Blossom" even made an appearance to the little girls had science come to life right before their very eyes.








No comments: