Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Well....It's Official...

I think I am turning into my mom. I guess we look enough alike, use a lot of the same mannerizims, and sound just like each other on the phone that I figured there was no holding back any longer...

I officially get my garden up and running today.
Yes...I said garden.
Yes...I know it has dirt in it.
Yes...I know the dirt will inevitably get under my fingernails.
Yes...I know that I will have to actually eat the veggies that grow there.
Yes...I know that there will be spiders and other creepy things crawling around.
I know, I know, I know.

And with all of those things...I'm still excited to start growing my own things and feeding my family healthy, organic items. YES...I know I said "organic". Don't get me started on that one.

The greenhouse truck should be here soon with all of my fresh, black, beautiful dirt. Mom comes down next week and she is bringing with her all the plants that she so lovingly started months ago in her greenhouse. It will be nice to spend some time with her in my garden planting all those little plants that have so much potential. Ella is going to have so much fun this summer helping in the garden...and enjoying the fruits of our labor.

Did I mention that my compost bin comes in next week...

No comments: