Monday, May 14, 2007

Guess Who Took His First Steps?





ME! I have been so busy learning how to walk and ,wow, I want to do it more than anything! Mom says practice makes perfect so I've been practicing, practicing, practicing. I do it night and day. Mom can't figure out why I don't want to take naps or go to bed at night...c'mon silly, it's because I have better things to do with my time than sleep. (Personally, I think sleep is over-rated. I wish I could get Mom to understand this.) Sometimes I just can't keep my eyes open any longer...but I make sure to only doze for short periods of time. That gives me just enough sleep for a second wind and I can go like the Energizer Bunny. I can really cruise along furniture now and I've even dared to take a few steps by myself to get from one piece to the next without grabbing on to anything. "Look Ma...no hands!" Anyway...not to brag or anything, but I took about 13 steps tonight while my Mom held her arms out cheering me on. Wowza! I think it's pretty exciting to get somewhere walking upright...but you should see how wild my parents get. They hoop and hollar like I just gave them a million bucks. I like to do it over and over again just to see the reactions on their faces. Well...I better get back to making my Mom crazy...now that I can walk a little I can get into even more! Watch out world...here I come!

No comments: