Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ella Still Loves Signing

Ella signing "mommy"



Ella signing "turtle"



I started teaching Ella sign language when she was 7 months old. She took to it very quickly and was starting to sign back to me at the young age of 9 months old. She was a late talker...at least audibly anyway...so she used signing to talk to me most of the time. She knew a lot of signs and at one point Ella knew over 100 of them. She was a little "chatty kathy"...just with her hands. As most of you know, she is a big talker now...putting together 10 word sentences and having regular conversations with me. Even though she chats all the time, she still likes and enjoys doing signing. She's always asking me "Mom...how you sign...??" and if there is one I don't know, she tells me what she thinks it must me! :) She's funny.

No comments: