Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mary Poppins

We went to see the Macy's Christmas display in downtown Minneapolis yesterday. This year's theme is Mary Poppins. Jason took half the day off of work and we took the kids. Ben thought the lights were cool and Ella was really interested in her stroller belt buckles, while Jason told me that he really wasn't a Mary Poppins fan....hmmm, why did I want to do this again? We went to eat lunch with Daddy. I thought this might save the morning, but I forgot that it's not always that easy to eat out with 2 little children. It took twice as long to find a place to sit that would accomodate all of us including the stroller than it took to even get the food. I unhooked Ben from the front carrier, picked Ella out of the stroller, got the food in front of the appropriate person and sat down to my warm sandwich. I suddenly heard a little voice beside me say "potty, Mommy". Hmmmm...isn't that just the way it goes?!? Once we were "all done" (as Ella says), Daddy walked us to the van so we could leave the big city and return to suburbia life. Wow, what a relaxing time with the family! Worth a half a day of vacation, don't you think?!

No comments: