Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Morning

Ella in the aftermath.

Ben enjoying his new truck.


The kids on Christmas Morning in their matching jammies

I just love this pic!

We got up a little later than usual this morning as we didn't get the kids in bed at their usual time last night. Ben slept in until the glorious time of 7:30am! Wow. Ella was right behind him with waking up and telling me it was time to get up at 7:45am. Oh, the days of sleeping in...it's crazy when "everything is relative". We got up this morning, made breakfast, and started opening our presents. It was such a nice start to the day to just spend time together. I love spending time with relatives, but oh...when you get your kids all to yourself, that's even more lovely. Ella got so many presents yesterday that I think she was a little sick of opening boxes neatly wrapped with paper, only to find more things to play with. I think it was making her decision on what to do even harder. I can see why some say that you should only give a little as they become too over-stimulated. I witnessed that very thing.


We got the kids the new Elmo Xtreme. Elmo laughs and laughs until he falls over and starts moving across the floor. Now you need a little background...Ella loves Elmo. She loves pictures of Elmo, Elmo on sesamestreet.com, Elmo on the tv, Elmo on clothes, Elmo on window shades, even Elmo undies. We thought that this was going to be the present of all presents. We saved this package for last. We got the camera ready and the video camera out. Jason and I waited anxiously to see her face light up with glee...but instead, we turned Elmo on and she freaked out. She was practically crawling up onto Jason's head to try and get away from the thing. We shut it off and explained that Elmo isn't scary, he's just laughing...she wasn't convinced. She decided that he wasn't too threatening if he was shut off and just sat there quietly. Once Ben woke up from his nap, we thought we would try again. We reassured her it was only Elmo and he wouldn't be coming to get her. She insisted on sitting in my lap for safety. We turned him on. Unbelievable...Ben started crying and Ella was yelling "shut it off, shut it off!" Hmmmm, I guess we could have saved ourselves some money on that toy!


We have had a wonderful day, although it has gone by entirely too quickly. To top it off, we are only half done with Christmas as we will be traveling up to TRF to see my family this weekend. I think I may need a vacation from this holiday.

No comments: