Wednesday, April 5, 2017

How I Roll


I'm going to preface this with "I know this isn't normal." I get that.

But it's my reality.

I am cold all. the. time. Sometimes even in the middle of the summer I'll sit wrapped up in a blanket. If the temp is accidentally put below 78, I am chilly (my husband things he's sneaky). People always wonder why I complain about living in MN and I'm always raving about the warm weather states. Here's why:

I'm standing here in jeans with a pair of leggings underneath, a pair of fuzzy socks, a tank top, a long sleeve shirt, a zip-up hoodie, a coat, and a hat. Inside. Because I was cold. Did I mention that my house was set to 74?

My Hashimoto's/hypothyroid really plays with my body temperature and makes it difficult to stay warm. In fact, one of the symptoms of this disease is an "intolerability to cold." Not that I don't like cold...but an intolerability to it.

Intolerable: Adjective
unable to be endured: unbearable,
insufferable, too much to bear, unacceptable, too much


There have been times where I have felt so cold, where it's deep in my bones, and I just can't manage to warm up that I have taken my temperature to see if I am completely nuts. The number on the screen has read 96.9F. Totally. Not. Normal.

Yes, I've seen a dr....this is just the nature of the beast. It's just fair warning that I may move down south at some point in my life. :) Who's coming with me?!?





No comments: