Wednesday, June 1, 2011

If You Ever Doubt God Has A Sense of Humor...

I was having a particularily hard morning. Nothing was going the way I planned.

I only had two things on my to-do list:

1) Get  changed out of my jammies.

2) Do one load of laundry.

As you can see, I don't set the bar real high these days. I know my limitations and I know that with four little ones...well, I'm unable to get things done like I used to.

Well, by 11:45 this morning I had accomplished... Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The Big Zero.

So I offered up a quick prayer and it went something like this:

Dear God...
I just want to get out of my jammies today...is that so much to ask? Is it really?!?
I can't believe that I can't even get that done!!
I just want to accomplish at least one thing on my list and this doesn't seem like it should be this hard!


Mere moments later I changed Cora's diaper. And that's when God answered my prayer. Plain as day.

...Cora peed on me. In fact, all over me. Drenched my jammie shirt and my jammie shorts. Hmmm....guess I had no choice but to get changed out of my jammies at that very moment. No excuses. Nothing that was a higher priority.

Moral of the story: be careful what you ask for...you may just find yourself being peed on by a baby.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! That is so perfect. Thanks for sharing!