Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To Grandmother's House We Go...





Ella went to stay with Grandma and Papa in November. She had been begging me for weeks to go all by herself and stay over night for a few days. I can't believe she is getting so big and wanting sleep-overs already! How the time flies.

We picked our dates and Ella counted the days down. She had spent weeks packig and re-packing...making sure she had exactly what she wanted. We drove to Fergus Falls and met my parents there...loaded up their truck...and off she went. I kept trying to hug her, tell her I was going to miss her...and she just pretty much wanted to get on the road so she could get there. I'm pretty sure it was harder on me than it was on her!

She had a fabulous time!! We talked every night and emailed every day. Ella got to make home-made playdough, have tea parties, and do crafts with Grandma. Papa played oodles and gave her lots of 4 wheeler rides. What a wonderful experience to make all those memories with her grandparents. She got to feel special and was shown so much love. Ella was reminded just how important she is to her Grandma and Papa. She's already got her sights set on another visit...and this time her little brother is determined to go too!

Get ready Grammie and Papa!!

No comments: