Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Little Cubbie







Ella has joined the Awana Cubbies group at church this year. It is the Wednesday night program they have for kids all geared toward learning how much God loves them and teaching them bible verses. Ella was so excited when it first started in Septempber and it so eager to go each week. She just loves it. Both Jason and I volunteer in her room, taking turns every other week. It's a double blessing, because whoever doesn't take Ella to Awana gets some one-on-one time with Ben. Ben thinks it's okay, but he always asks to go to Awana with Ella. He sure loves that girl.

We work on Ella's workbook each week, reading a story, doing an activity, and learning the bible verse for the week. It amazes me how much she can remember and how fast she can memorize something. There are times that I will ask her if she remembers the verse we learned (mainly because my pathetic brain can't recall it) and she will shoot it right off.

Each week she puts her Cubbie vest on and we head off to church. Her vest is so cute. By learning bible verses she earns patches that she gets to put on it. I can't wait to see her progress as the year goes on. I bet that vest is really going to look great come spring.

I'm so proud of my little "cubbie"...but can hardly believe that she is old enough to be going. Oh, how the time flies. My baby isn't so much a "baby" anymore. Sigh.

No comments: