Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Trip to Where??



Wow! Yesterday was 70 degrees outside with nothing but sunshine. It was lovely. The kids and I spent the afternoon playing outside. Ella enjoyed her sidewalk chalk as she drew pictures all over the driveway. Even some of my "artwork" is displayed as Ella kept asking me to draw things. Good thing she only asks for cows, pigs, and ice cream cones! Ben had fun too. I took his exersaucer outside and he played and laughed the afternoon away.


I decided I would take the kids to Joann's Craft store since Jason was busy with the bathroom redo in the evening so I could get a few things. I'm not sure what I was thinking or if the sun melted my brain somehow...but one toddler and one baby in a craft store is anything but pleasant. I thought I had a great idea by putting Ben in the back-carrier so I would only have to keep my eye on Ella. Well, wouldn't you know that the aisles are just wide enough for a little boy to reach backwards and manage to pull multiple things off of the shelves. I would hear something fall to the ground, turn around to see sticker pages upon sticker pages scattered on the floor...just then Ben was seizing the moment by grabbing as many photo albums he could get his chubby little baby hands on. I turned around to stop him, put them back before they fell over, and he was already reaching for whatever was now at my back. I'm sure to the innocent bystander we looked like a human tornado. Between all of this chaos, Ella was singing "I have to go potty, Mommy...I have to go potty, Mommy". I was stressed out about 5 minutes after entering that craft store. I managed to get everything under control and we waited to check out. It was at the cashier's desk while she was ringing up my beautiful scrapbook paper that Ella said in a voice that sounded to me like it came over the loud-speaker..."I've got a giant booger, Mommy!" which she held up proudly in the air for all to see. A nice, green, slimy, yucky BOOGER. How proud can one mommy be?!? I vowed to myself once the kids sat straped in their carseats unable to move, grab anything, or run away that I would never, ever, ever do that again!

1 comment:

dawn&brian said...

You had me rolling with that story!! "Human Tornado", how true - how many times I have felt this way! Thanks for sharing.