Saturday, January 27, 2007

Rescue Me

It's been a busy week here on Hubler Planet. It started off last Sunday with Ben getting the flu, Ella was next when she got it on Tuesday and spent the night in the ER (see last post), Jason followed with taking a sick day on Wednesday, and I was in last place getting sick on Thursday. Wow, this bug has certainly made it's way through our family. It's been a long week and there hasn't been a lot of sleep taking place in our house.

Jason had to leave on Thursday for a trip to TX for work. He's doing some tech-stuff...you know, server moves, etc, etc, etc. I'm not sure what any of that stuff means, but that's where he's at until late Monday night. Mom and Dad came down yesterday to help me out. Within about 2 seconds of being here, my sweet Dad took up the challenge of whipping my house back into shape. It's amazing how much can pile up when you have two children...it's a whole other tornado mess when you add on an entire week of sickies. Dad claims that he did 6 loads of laundry and that doesn't include all of the clean clothes that had to be folded and put away! (I know, it's time to think about making some donations.) Mom got right to work too, taking care of the kiddos. Since Jason left on Thursday, I was on duty all night long with both Ella and Ben...that means I was up 5 times with Ben and 2 times with Ella. I was so sick in between all of it that I only managed to get 30 minutes of sleep the entire night. So when I say that Mom took the kiddos you know I was in dire need of a break. In fact, Mom took Ben all night long. I was so incredibly tired and my body was still trying to heal from that flu bug, that I didn't even hear my son until the light of morning woke me up.

Today is starting off nicely, I've gotten a full night's sleep, I'm just a teeny bit sick, Ben is back to healthy, and Ella is busy playing with Papa. Aahhh, thank goodness for parents who care so much that they are willing to drive 5 hours just to rescue me. I guess a person never gets to old for needing their mom and dad. Thanks Mom and Dad...I love you.

No comments: