Tuesday, April 16, 2013

39 Weeks and All Is Well...

Another week, another appointment.

Quick recap:

She scored another 10 out of 10 between the ultrasound and NST. In fact, my amniotic fluid once again went up. I was 8.6 today which is within the normal range for being at this stage of the pregnancy. It baffles my mind to know that I have made it this far when 5 weeks ago they were telling me that my odds of getting her weren't all that good. In fact, not only have I made it to 39 weeks, but the fluid has gone up instead of down. Don't even try to convince me that God doesn't perform miracles every day.

Many people have asked if there is any indication of when she might make her debut. All I can tell you is that God is the only one in on this little secret and as badly as I want her to come soon, I have to trust that His timing is perfect. And let me tell you that I have to remind myself of this almost hourly...especially when the nausea is coming at me full-force. It seems silly that I shouldn't be able to wait another week or two, knowing that I am so close to the end...but after enduring 39 weeks of sickness, each day feels like the equivilant of many, many very long hours. The weeks just go by so slowly. Prayers for mental strength would be greatly appreciated. :)

From my devotions today:

When you complain, you are acting as if you think you could run the world better than I do. From your limited human perspective, it may look as if I'm mismanaging things. But you don't know what I know or see what I see.
 
 
~Jesus Calling Devotion Book
 
 
So here's to working really hard at not complaining about my circumstances, trusting in His perfect timing for this little one, and knowing that God has everything under control...and in a manner that is soooo much better than I could ever do.

No comments: