Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ella's New Hat




Since the weather has turned and winter is now here, I decided to knit Ella a new hat for winter. I was so excited...based on advice from a great friend, I ordered lovely wool for this new hat. I couldn't wait to get it since it was coming all the way from Uraguay. I emailed them and they said that they would go out that very day to hand-dye my yarn and once it was dry they would ship it out. How exciting is that?!? I waited and waited and waited. Finally, one day there was a knock on the door and on the other side was someone needing a signature for my package. Yarn...what a wonderful thing to get in the mail...and then to open the package up and run my fingers through the lovely hank. Only a knitter could understand the beauty of it all.

I got out my needles and started knitting. Ella picked the design she wanted along with the pom-poms on the ends. She saw a picture of a hat my great friend Tricia had done and wanted one of her own. Thanks, Tricia, for letting us use your pattern.

Anyway...Ella loves her hat and her ears are toasty warm on those cold Minnesota days. Isn't she cute?!?

2 comments:

Kari said...

What a beauty---and great hat too! Stay warm...

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.