Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lovin' Summer


We had such a great day today. The weather has been beautiful so we spent a majority of our day outside. Actually, we were only in the house for naps and supper...other than that we were busy enjoying the sunshine. This morning we met our friends at the community pool. I know...what sense does that make when we have our very own pool right in our backyard. Well, when you have a two and a half year old and a one year old...it tends to make a lot of sense. The community pool is perfect for little kids since it starts with just a half inch of water and gets deeper very slowly.
Ben loves the water, as does Ella. But there is a difference. Ella will mostly stay by me, get caught up watching all the other little kids playing, and just sit nice and still. Ben on the other hand has no fear. No fear. No fear. I'm not sure how many times I had to scoop him out of the water. He would come up coughing and sputtering and then go right back at it. Luckily my friend could help watch Ella because I could hardly take my eyes off of Ben. Not even for a second. It was tiring and a bit stressful, but the kids had a blast.
After we finished supper tonight, Jason and I took the kids back to the community pool. I figured since we actually had to pay for admission, we should make the most out of it. It was a little easier this time as we had a one-to-one parent to child ratio. They both splashed and splashed. And they both squealed with delight as they flew down the waterslide. It was a lovely day...now I hope we get some lovely sleep out of the deal!

No comments: