Monday, October 7, 2013

Miss Hattie


Hattie is getting so big...I can hardly believe that 5 months have passed by and we are approaching her half birthday already! How the time flies. A good reminder that I've got to be more purposeful about blogging so these memories aren't lost. Now just to find a way to carve out a little extra time in order to get it done. :)

Hattie is rolling over now. She can go from front to back and back to front. The rolling from the tummy to her back is her latest development within the past 24 hours so life is about to get real busy with a mobile baby. I guess it's time to go through all the toys and remove legos, polly pockets, etc. The thought of it gives me a headache. The big kids will be somewhat easy to sit down and explain the "no little toys downstairs" rule...but Cora and Lily? Well, I'm guessing all bets are off.

Another new item for us is that Hattie is now sleeping on her own mattress. This little girl and I spent the first 5 months sleeping together with her on my chest in the recliner. I know...I know. But I got very used to it and honestly, it was how I got the most sleep. I tried a few times to put her down on the mattress next to me....and after an hour or two of not sleeping on my part, I would scoop her up and head for the recliner. I would peacefully drift off to sleep knowing she was right there and safe.

But as this wee little baby grew, she began to feel more like a bowling ball on my chest instead of my girlie. So when the flu hit me, (and wow, it hit hard) I was forced to sleep next to her instead. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise as she has done really well with the transition.

Oh...duty calls...Ella is playing with her, but alas, I hear the complaining cry telling me that Hattie's done and wants her Mama.

Well, I'll call this a success...a blog post written, a memory preserved, and a cute picture to boot.

Love you, Hattie-cakes!

No comments: