Monday, December 22, 2008

MIA Lately


We have been MIA lately. At that's no exaggeration. I am pretty sure that we have only had a handful of healthy days in the month of December.

Ben started it off with a whopper of an ear infection. He was getting pretty crabby and he complained just a couple of times. He is one tough kid so I knew that if he was mentioning it, I needed to get him to the doctor. We put him on antibiotics and less than 1 week after finishing them, we wound up at Urgent Care. Ben was spiking a 103 fever and said his eyes hurt. Again, if he mentions something, I know I need to get to the doctor because that means it's pretty significant. Ella was feeling pretty yucky too, so she came with as well. We left Urgent Care with antibiotics for sinus infections as well as pink eye. How lucky are we? A few days later, Jason started coming down with a sore throat. He stayed home from work for 3 days which is very unlike him so I knew he was pretty sick too. God must have provided me with protection from all those bugs because I was able to stay healthy until Jason started feeling better and the kids were well on their way back to normal. I did say "was", right? I didn't manage to escape it and I am just now starting to feel like I am getting better.

At least we have it all done with before Christmas. I guess there's a silver lining if you look hard enough.

No comments: